You will find that there are hundreds of courses both online and offline which offer you to teach English. Before you pay good money for these courses, there are a few important things that you should know.
Why should you learn English?
If you learn English, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- English is one of the most widely spoken languages of the world. It will help you to communicate with a large number of persons irrespective of their mother tongue both for business and personal purposes.
- If you are going to use the internet regularly, you cannot do without English. This is by far the most common language used in various web pages.
- English is truly the language of science. A huge number of technical and scientific texts and journals are published in English. If you want to pursue higher studies in any field, knowing English is a must.
- The leading world media is in English. Whether you are looking for world famous newspapers like The Times or The International Herald Tribune or television news channel like CNN, English is indispensible. You can get accurate news faster if you know this language.
- English is the language used in global commerce.
- It is also the main language of broadcast of global events ranging from the Olympics to the Miss World competition.
- Finally, you can enjoy timeless classics – both film and books when you know English.
Some tips to learn English
The best way to learn English is to join a class or to use the learning tapes. Apart from this, the following tips can help you to learn English:
- Use English while speaking as much as possible even if you make mistakes in grammar and pronunciation.
- Pick your favorite activity and perform that in English. So, you can read English book, watch English films or documentaries, watch or read English news etc. This will allow you to learn the language in a way that you will enjoy.
- Keep a small notebook handy. Write down any new words or phrases that you hear and note its meaning later. This will allow you to broaden your vocabulary.
- Browse the web. This can help you to learn English in a fun way.
- Extract contextual meaning instead of looking every word up in the dictionary. This actually allows you to remember the word more accurately.